TABLE OF CONTENTS
The instructions below describe how to add Harmonize to your Blackboard instance via LTI 1.3 Advantage. This is the latest LTI specification offered by IMS Global and offers a number of improvements over LTI 1.1.
NOTE: Adding Harmonize to Blackboard requires a System Administrator role on the Blackboard instance.
Adding Harmonize to Blackboard
- Log into your Blackboard instance as a System Administrator.
- Navigate to Administrator Tools.
- In the Integrations section, click on the LTI Tool Providers link.
- Click on the Register LTI 1.3/Advantage Tool button.
- Enter the Client ID given to you by Harmonize Support and click Submit.
- The next page will load with the Tool Status section already pre-filled.
- Scroll down to the Institution Policies and set the following:
- User Fields to Send
- Role in Course -> Checked
- Name -> Checked
- Email Address -> Checked
- Allow grade service access -> Yes
- Allow Membership Service Access -> Yes
- Click Submit at the bottom of the page.
- Harmonize has now been successfully added to your Blackboard instance. Be sure to set Harmonize's Tool Status to Approved before attempting to use Harmonize in your courses.
Ready to use Harmonize? Our Quick Start Guide is a great place to begin.
Questions? Contact Harmonize Support!