TABLE OF CONTENTS
- All Students Activity View
- Individual Student View
- Course Topic Activity Report
The Activity Report allows instructors to view the posts and comments that have been made by each participant. It is particularly useful when facilitating a topic discussion or viewing activity in a discussion prior to its due date.
To begin, click the "Topic Activity" link located at the top of the Harmonize discussion page or click the Activity button near the upper right corner of the Instructions section.
- Blackboard, D2L | Brightspace, and Moodle: For graded discussion, the Activity button will instead be labeled Grades & Activity.
All Students Activity View
The "All Students" Activity view displays all discussion activity by students, including the number of posts, comments, and reactions. This view also displays the student's last interaction date, the discussion's final due date, and indicates whether or not the student's work is available for grading.
- Note: "Final Due Date" is calculated by the LMS. If you've assigned different dates to different individuals or groups, those dates will be reflected here.
- Click the Course Topic Activity Report link to view student activity across all Harmonize discussions in the course.
- Click the Showing Activity for drop down menu to select an individual student activity view. By default, activity for all students is shown.
- Toggle on Students with incomplete submissions to see activity only for students who have not fully completed the requirements for this discussion.
- This icon indicates the student has completed the assignment. This icon will also appear next to the student's name in the "Showing Activity for" drop down menu.
- This icon indicates that the student has started the assignment, but has yet to complete the all the requirements. This icon will also appear next to the student's name in the "Showing Activity for" drop down menu.
- This icon indicates that the student's work is available for grading.
Individual Student View
- Click the Showing Activity for drop down menu and select a student from the list.
- Click these arrows to navigate between students while in the individual student view.
- This banner displays the current status of the student's work. Statuses include: [Student] has not started their work, [Student] has started but not yet completed their work, or [Student] has work available for review.
- Public Topic Activity: This area displays a detailed view of all public original student posts as well as all public comments and replies to other student or instructor posts. Note: Private comments and replies will not be shown in this view. See Private Comments and Replies learn more about this feature.
- Milestone (Public): This area displays a detailed view of the student's Milestone progress along with the current status of Participation Auto-Grading. See Milestones and Auto-Grading to learn more about these features.
- Public Activity Totals: This areas displays the total student participation in the current discussion including the number of student posts and comments, the number of responses received, and the number of all discussion posts viewed by the student.
Blackboard, D2L | Brightspace, and Moodle
While viewing Activity for a graded discussion, your individual student view will also include grading features. You may enter or update student grades, add or edit instructor comments, and submit grades via the Submit & Next button.
Course Topic Activity Report
- In any All Student or Individual Student Activity view, click the "Course Topic Activity" link located in the top right corner. This report will display student activity totals across all Harmonize discussions in the course.
Assignments & Topics
- Assignment & Topics: View both Harmonize Assignments and discussion Topics. (default view)
- Assignments Only: View activity for only Assignments.
- Topics Only: View activity for only discussion Topics.
Open & Closed
- Open & Closed: Shows both open and closed assignment & topic activity
- Open Only: Shows activity for open assignments & topics
- Closed Only: Shows activity for closed assignments & topics
- Start typing the first few letters of the topic name to filter for activity for that topic.
Discussion Activity by Student (Public and Private): Displays the number of posts and comments, both public and private, for all assignments & topics.
No Post or Comments in 7 Days (Public and Private): Students who have not posted or commented in the last seven days. Displays the last day of Activity.
No Posts or Comments (Public and Private): Students who have not posted or commented on any assignment or topic.
Topic Interest: Displays the assignment or topic with the most activity.
Questions? Contact Harmonize Support!